[JapanMS v2.00] MapleStory Renaissance Part One!
Yesterday, JapanMS upgraded from v1.94 to v2.00 (that’s quite a leap) for the implementation of Renaissance! Renaissance, if you haven’t read my previous posts, is Japan’s version of Chaos, but with Japan-original content included. Instead of posting a translation of the patch notes like I usually do, this time, I’m going to simply state what was added and what was changed to cut out all of the uneeded text.
Implemented and Changed Content
- Door to the Future
- Destroyed Henesys
- Dark Ereb
- Empress Cygnus Expedition
- New skills added to the Dual Blade class : Phantom Blow, Blade Fury, Sharpness and Vital Steal.
- New skills were added to the Aran class : Combo Recharge, Creeping Attack, Combo Judgement and Swift Move.
- New skills were added to the Evan class : Dragon Blink
- All classes received skill changes.
- Monster Familiar drops were added to the drop tables. Familiars drop from their respected monsters at a very rare rate.
- Starter sets were added to the Cash Shop that give random Monster Familiars.
- Spirit Scrolls – Spirit Scrolls drop from bosses. From the test sever, the success rate of Spirit Scrolls was changed from 15% to 10%. These can only be used on level 100 or higher weapons, they do not use slots, they require all slots to be used up, and do not destroy your items if failed.
- Boss Spirit Orbs – Boss Spirit Orbs drop from their respected bosses. From the test server, the success rate of Boss Spirit Orbs was changed from 15% to 25%. They require Spirit Scrolls to be successully applied to your weapon. If failed, the will destroy your item at a 100% rate.
- Monster Drop Tables were fixed to reflect the drop tables in KMS.
- Monster Equipment Drop Rates were increased to reflect the drop rate in KMS.
- Regular Zakum now drops +15 to all stat, untradeable Zakum Helmets instead of the +4 to all stat, tradeable, upgradeable Zakum Helmets that we had before.
- Pieces of Crack are now one-of-a-kind items.
- Takoyakis are now untradeable and no longer give +20 weapon attack. (Assumed to be a bug, as the description still states it gives 20 weapon attack.)
- Power Elixirs dropped from monsters are no longer untradeable.
- +50% Experience Event! (July 27th ~ August 7th)
- July 24th : 2x EXP from 20:00 ~ 22:00! Login between 20:30 and 20:40 to receive a full SP reset scroll, a Spirit Scroll, and a limited Monster Familiar!
- July 27th, 28th, and 29th : +50% EXP from 20:00 ~ 22:00!
- July 30th and 31st : +50% EXP from 14:00 ~ 16:00 and 20:00 ~ 22:00!
- August 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th : +50% EXP from 20:00 ~ 22:00!
- August 6th and 7th : +50% EXP from 14:00 ~ 16:00 and 20:00 ~ 22:00!
- New Characters : Level up to level 80 to receive a special item corresponding to your class!
- Pre-existing Characters : Level up 40 times to receive a special item corresponding to your class!
- Level up 40 times on a pre-existing Cygnus character or to 80 on a new Cygnus character to receive a +3 to all stats, +3 weapon and magic attack pair of earrings!
- Level up 40 times on a pre-existing Adventurer character or to 80 on a new Adventurer character to receive a choice between an Adventurer’s Critical Ring, Adventurer’s Magical Ring, or an Adventurer’s Cruel Ring!
- Level up 40 times on a pre-existing Aran character or to 80 on a new Aran character to receive a +3 to all stats, +3 weapon and magic attack Lilin’s Ring!
- Level up 40 times on a pre-existing Evan character or to 80 on a new Evan character to receive a +3 to all stats, +3 weapon and magic attack pair of Dragon Glasses!
- Level up 40 times on a pre-existing Dual Blade character or to 80 on a new Dual Blade character to receive a +3 to all stats, +3 weapon and magic attack Blood Mask!
- Level up 40 times on a pre-existing Resistance character or to 80 on a new Resistance character to receive a +3 to all stats, +3 weapon and magic Resistance Ring!
- Restrictions : Cygnus players above level 80 are not eligible for this event. Adventurers, Dual Blades, Legends, and Resistance characters above level 160 are not eligible for this event.
- Grab a compass from Cassandra and hunt for 20 of each N, S, E, and W and then double click a the compass to receive a golden compass! The golden compass can be used to teleport to Gold Richie’s Island where you must defeat gold pigs and collect the eggs they drop!
- Rewards : Golden Pig Familiar, Gold Storm Chair, Golden Pig Chair, and more!
- Restrictions : Gold Richie’s Island is only available between 5:00 ~ 7:00, 13:00 ~ 15:00 and 20:00 ~ 22:00. The event is only available to characters above level 13.
- Collect Ice Cubes and Unmeltable Ice Cubes from monsters and then get a microwave from the Cash Shop to receive a Red Button which you can turn into Suzuri and receive random gifts!
- Rewards include Spirit Scrolls, Boss Spirit Orbs, Monster Familiars, Maple Weapons, all kinds of chairs and more!
- During this event, buy your favorite character sets from the cash shop! Buy the Hagaren FA Boxes to receive a random permanent Cash Shop equipment of your favorite character’s style!
- Get you and your friend Friendship Rings from the Cash Shop that are Hagaren-themed to give a better feeling of the anime!
- Buy a Hagaren FA Hair Style Cupon from the Cash Shop to get the hair style of your favorite Full Metal Alchemist character!
- Talk to the Door of Truth to receive a quest to collect 30 Door of Truth tickets to receive a box that gives random prizes which include stuff like an Alphonse and Kitten Chair!
Maple Hero Training Event! (July 13th ~ August 30th)
Gold Richie’s Gold Compass! (July 13th ~ August 10th)
Cool, Sharp Ice Cubes for Summer! (July 27th ~ August 30th)
Full Metal Alchemist Hagaren Tie-Up! (July 13th ~ August 24th)